Colour Photograph: Ballantynes and Anderson's Foundry , Cashel Street, 1985
One landscape colour photograph taken in 1985 showing Cashel Street, Christchurch. Buildings and businesses shown include Ballantynes, Anderson's foundry, John Bates Ltd and Bell's Arcade.
This photograph looks towards the Ballantynes end of Cashel Street and features the Anderson’s Foundry Building located at 126 Cashel Street. It was built for John Anderson, who arrived in Canterbury on one of the first four ships sent out by the Canterbury Association in 1850. It was designed by William Armson, one of the foremost architects in New Zealand at the time. The building was incorporated into the Guthrey Centre and demolished following the 22 February 2011 earthquake.
4 1/2 x 6 3/4" (114.3 x 171.45mm)
Dimensions (HxW) Inches
Current Rights Code