Colour Photograph: Repertory Theatre, 1985
One landscape colour photograph taken in 1985 showing the Repertory Theatre, Kilmore Street, Christchurch.
The Christchurch Repertory Theatre, located at 146 Kilmore Street in central Christchurch, opened as the Radiant Hall in September 1929. The building was designed by architect Harry Francis Willis in the Spanish Mission revival style and the project was supported financially by Thomas Edmonds. In 1950 ownership of the theatre passed to the Canterbury Repertory Theatre Society. The category one historic place was severely damaged during the 2010-2011 Canterbury earthquakes and was demolished in 2011.