Colour Photograph: Christchurch Clubhouse, 1985
One landscape colour photograph taken in 1985 showing the Christchurch Club on Worcester Street and Latimer Square, Christchurch with a crane behind.
The Christchurch Clubhouse, as shown in this photograph, was located on the corner of Latimer Square and Worcester Street in central Christchurch. Built in 1861-1862, it was protected as a category one historic place and was designed by Benjamin Mountfort, the architect who promoted stone gothic revival buildings in Christchurch. The Christchurch Club was seriously damaged during the Canterbury earthquakes of 2010 and 2011 but has been recognised by the Canterbury Earthquake Heritage Buildings Fund, a fundraising initiative to save heritage buildings, as a building that would be feasible to repair and restore.