Colour Photograph: Wood's Flour Mills, Wise Street, 1985
One landscape colour photograph taken in July 1985 showing Wood's Flour Mills, Wise Street, Addington, Christchurch, after they had been converted into flats.
Wood's Flour Mills were established by William Derisley Wood in 1856, located at Wise Street in the Christchurch suburb of Addington. The mill had become the biggest in the South Island by 1936. The Wood family sold the mill in 1970, and when photograph was taken in 1985 it had been converted to contain six apartments. This was the start of successive renovations that were made to the building over the following two decades by several successive owners. The building survived the 2010-2011 earthquakes, and plans were made to repair it to meet building code standards.