Accession Number
2013.17.64
Brief Description
One landscape colour digital photograph taken on 12 April 2011 showing earthquake damage to the Anglican Church of The Most Holy Trinity in Winchester Street Lyttelton. The photograph shows the bracing to the north transept which was erected after the 4 September 2010 earthquake.
Production Role
Photographer
Production Date
12 Apr 2011
Associated Person
Associated Person Notes
Architect
Associated Event Notes
Damage caused
Damage caused
Associated Period
2011/2010s
Associated Place
Lyttelton/Christchurch/Canterbury/South Island/New Zealand
Background
After the 22 February 2011 earthquake the Church of the Most Holy Trinity's bell tower, complete with bell attached, was removed with a crane to reduce the loading on the damaged southwest corner of the building. This church, designed by George Mallinson and completed in 1859, suffered further damage in the 14 June 2011 quakes and was deconsecrated and demolished in October 2011. It is planned to reuse the bell in a tower next to St Saviour’s Church (originally from West Lyttelton) which has been relocated to Cathedral Grammar School in Central Christchurch.
Collecting Unit
Current Rights Code

 Share


To order a copy of this image please contact Canterbury Museum images@canterburymuseum.com

Unless otherwise stated, or an author is acknowledged, Canterbury Museum holds copyright to all information on Collections Online. All efforts have been made to trace copyright holders. Please contact the Museum with any queries on this matter info@canterburymuseum.com

The information on this page was created from historic documentation and may not reflect the best available knowledge about the item. If you have information or questions about the objects on this website, please contact us. Images may be subject to copyright laws and are therefore not of reproduction quality.