Accession Number
1997.258.471
Brief Description
One landscape colour photograph taken in 1985 looking east along Tuam Street, Chistchurch. Features include A J White's department store and Edison Hall.
Collections Online
Production Role
Photographer
Production Date
1985
Production Place
Background
The area of High Street between Tuam and Lichfield depicted in this image was one of the most complete sections of Victorian and Edwardian architecture in Christchurch. A J White’s department store was built by the England Brothers in 1910-11. It was listed by the Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Authority (CERA) as requiring partial demolition following the 22 February 2011 earthquake.
Collection
Current Rights

 Share


To order a copy of this image please contact Canterbury Museum images@canterburymuseum.com

Unless otherwise stated, or an author is acknowledged, Canterbury Museum holds copyright to all information on Collections Online. All efforts have been made to trace copyright holders. Please contact the Museum with any queries on this matter info@canterburymuseum.com

The information on this page was created from historic documentation and may not reflect the best available knowledge about the item. If you have information or questions about the objects on this website, please contact us. Images may be subject to copyright laws and are therefore not of reproduction quality.