Postcard: Christchurch 2010 Earthquake: Repertory Theatre
One landscape colour postcard depicting the Repertory Theatre from a series of Christchurch images produced by the New Zealand Postcard Society following the 4 September 2010 earthquake.
This postcard is one of 15 released by The New Zealand Postcard Society (Inc.) that feature images of Christchurch after the 4 September 2010 earthquake. The description on the reverse of the postcard reads: "Repertory Theatre. Situated at 146 Kilmore St, the 430 seat Repertory Theatre which was first known as the Radiant Hall when built in 1928 was purchased by the Canterbury Repertory Theatre Society (Inc.) in 1950. Its distinctive art deco facade suffered greatly in the quake and the building was condemned. However moves are afoot to have the building restored."