Accession Number
1997.258.468
Catalogue Number
PIC97/56
PIC97/56/208
Brief Description
One landscape colour photograph taken in 1985 showing the Sacred Heart of Notre Dame des Missions on Barbadoes Street, Christchurch.
Collections Online
Production Role
Photographer
Production Date
1985
Production Place
Background
The convent of ‘The Sacred Heart of Notre Dames des Missions,’ located on Barbadoes Street in central Christchurch, was founded in February 1868 and the building shown in this photograph was completed in 1882. It was severely damaged during the 2010-2011 Canterbury earthquakes was subsequently demolished.
Collection
Current Rights Code

 Share


To order a copy of this image please contact Canterbury Museum images@canterburymuseum.com

Unless otherwise stated, or an author is acknowledged, Canterbury Museum holds copyright to all information on Collections Online. All efforts have been made to trace copyright holders. Please contact the Museum with any queries on this matter info@canterburymuseum.com

The information on this page was created from historic documentation and may not reflect the best available knowledge about the item. If you have information or questions about the objects on this website, please contact us. Images may be subject to copyright laws and are therefore not of reproduction quality.