Colour Photograph: Edmonds Telephone Cabinet, 1985
One landscape colour photograph taken in 1985 showing Edmonds' telephone cabinet on the corner of Madras Street and Oxford Terrace, Christchurch. The Madras Street bridge over the Avon is in the background.
This photograph depicts the telephone cabinet next to the Edmonds Clock Tower, located on Oxford Terrace near Madras Street. Inscribed around the top is the phrase 'Christchurch the garden city on the Avon'. The cabinet, along with the Edmonds Band Rotunda and other buildings, were financed by donations from Christchurch philanthropist Thomas Edmonds in 1929.
6 x 7" (152.4 x 177.8mm)
Dimensions (HxW) Inches
Current Rights Code