Mountfort Architectural Plan: Church of the Most Holy Trinity, Lyttelton, 1856
One architectural plan by Benjamin Mountfort showing a perspective sketch of the Church of the Most Holy Trinity in Lyttelton.
The first church Mountfort designed in New Zealand was the Church of the Most Holy Trinity in Lyttelton, consecrated in 1853. This original design was an ambitious timber framed structure with a brick infill, but the planned spire was never constructed. Built of unseasoned timbers it soon became unsafe and was demolished in 1857. The replacement stone church, designed by George Mallinson, did not survive the 2010-2011 earthquakes.
195 x 283mm
Dimensions (h x w)
Current Rights Code