Mountfort Architectural Plan: Dudley Memorial Tower, Rangiora, 1893
One architectural plan by Benjamin Mountfort showing a perspective drawing of Dudley Tower in Rangiora.
St John the Baptist Church in Rangiora design by Mountfort and Luck in 1859 and built by J. Barker. Additions to the church were made periodically up until 1882 when the church reached its present form. The church is one of the largest wooden churches in Canterbury designed by Mountfort. The bell tower was built in 1879, perhaps as a tribute to the first incumbent Archdeacon Benjamin Woolley Dudley. The tower, depicted in this perspective sketch from 1893, was free standing, located at the rear of the church.