Accession Number
1997.258.277
Catalogue Number
PIC97/56/277
PIC97/56
Brief Description
One landscape colour photograph taken in 1985 showing the Union Centre Building on the corner of Colombo and Armagh Streets, Christchurch. Businesses shown include Thomas Cook Travel and Furnishing World.
Collections Online
Production Role
Photographer
Production Date
1985
Production Place
Background
This photograph features the Union Centre Building which was formerly known as Armstrong’s after the drapers who built it as a department store. Built in 1923 to a design by the Luttrell Brothers, it underwent a significant addition in 1934. It was located opposite Victoria Square at the corner of Colombo Street and Armagh Street in central Christchurch. The building had to be demolished following the 2010-2011 Canterbury earthquakes.
Collection
Current Rights

 Share


To order a copy of this image please contact Canterbury Museum images@canterburymuseum.com

Unless otherwise stated, or an author is acknowledged, Canterbury Museum holds copyright to all information on Collections Online. All efforts have been made to trace copyright holders. Please contact the Museum with any queries on this matter info@canterburymuseum.com

The information on this page was created from historic documentation and may not reflect the best available knowledge about the item. If you have information or questions about the objects on this website, please contact us. Images may be subject to copyright laws and are therefore not of reproduction quality.