Photographic Negative: Armagh Street from Victoria Square, 1985
One landscape colour photograph taken in 1985 looking across Victoria Square towards Armagh Street at the junction with Colombo Street. Buildings shown include Isaac House.
The tall red brick building in the left of this photograph is the Armagh Street side of Isaac House viewed from Victoria Square. It was registered as a category two historic place. Located at 779 Colombo Street it was originally a pharmacy before it became the Victoria Square branch of the National Bank. The building was built in 1926 in an interwar Georgian revival style to replace an earlier wooden structure. Isaac House suffered extensive damage during the 2010-2011 Canterbury earthquakes and had to be demolished.