Mountfort Photograph: Interior of Rangiora Church, 1872
One landscape black and white contact print, circa 1872, showing the interior of St Mary and St Francis de Sales Roman Catholic Church, Rangiora, North Canterbury.
Rangiora/Canterbury/South Island/New Zealand
The church of St Mary and St Francis de Sales in Rangiora first opened in 1870. By 1885 the congregation had outgrown the building and a new church was commissioned.